City officials, community organizations and businesses came together at City Hall on Thursday, November 14, for a press conference to affirm support for Portland Street Response.
The following speakers addressed the media:
- Mayor Ted Wheeler
- Commissioner Chloe Eudaly
- Ashley Henry, Executive Director, Business for a Better Portland
- Kina Voelz, Co-owner, Noraneko
- Will Rasmussen, Government Relations, Executive Committee Chair, Portland Business Alliance
- Helen Ying, Chair, Old Town Community Association
- Adam Lyons, Executive Director, Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods
- Iden Campbell, Racial Justice and Transgender Justice Program Director, Basic Rights Oregon
- Nick Sauvie, Executive Director, ROSE Community Development
- Darren Golden, Policy Specialist, Urban League
- Commissioner Jo Ann Hardesty
[Note some of the entries to our logo contest in the background, behind the podium. The winner will be announced Friday, Nov. 15.]
Here are links to media coverage of the event. More will be posted here as they are published; reload this page to see any new additions.